Thursday, January 15, 2009

Life with little boys is so much fun!

Do you ever get nervous because your kids seem so much smarter, more spiritual, and funnier than you are? That's what keeps going through my mind as I watch Grayson each day. He makes me laugh so much!! He also makes me SO PROUD! I love how he loves his little brother. From day one he has been so soft with Preston. Grayson is almost 2. Isn't he supposed to be compulsive and just suddenly whack things? Isn't he supposed to be a little clumsy and not aware of what's around him? Well, none of this is the case. Whenever he approaches the baby it is to kiss him. He slows down and moves extremely cautiously. It seems to take him an entire minute to move one inch. Once his little puckered lips get to the baby's head, he kisses him so softly. He has to do this every time he hears Preston cry. He stops whatever he is doing, walks over to him, and softly kisses him on the head. It's like he is certain that all Preston needs is a kiss from his big brother and he will stop crying. The other day we were in the car late at night and Preston started crying. I heard Grayson making noise so I turned to see what he was doing. He had his little head turned toward Preston's car seat, his head resting on his own car seat, and he was gently kissing the air. I about melted!! Lately he's taking the kissing to a new level. I catch him randomly going up to Preston and just kissing on him for several minutes at a time when Preston's NOT crying. He used to just kiss him on the head, but lately Preston's face, hands, arms, feet, and anywhere else easy to get to get just as much attention. In this picture Preston was on the couch crying so Gray squeezed in right next to him and started kissing his head over and over again. You can see his lips in a semi-pucker. What a good brother!


Today I was holding Preston in my lap while Grayson stood next to me and we read a book. Once we were done reading Gray kissed the baby, smiled at him, then started playing with him. He grabbed the baby's hands and started moving them as though he was waving and would say, "hi" over and over again and then laugh. This captured his attention and made me laugh for several minutes. How at his age does it occur to him to make the baby do things we do? I love this smart, amazing little boy we have! I feel so lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful boys!!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't life with little boys just the funnest? Hey there, how are you? It's HHHHHHHHHHHaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiimaaaaaay!! It is so good to see how wonderful you are doing!! Congratulations on another healthy, happy, hansome boy! They are darling! Drop me line, I finally have a blog so it will be easy for us to stay in touch a little bit!! Hope to talk to you soon!!! ~Jame

    ReplyDelete